Jerry Crockford maintains he is not an expert on distributed teams (who is?) but the experience he shares will be helpful to leaders of groups in a large system or any small business.
When I interviewed him for BE SO GOOD PODCAST Episode 012, he was at pains to say he was still learning, but as you listen on i-Tunes or watch on YouTube you will see him lay out the issues very clearly
He thought it would be simple, but he and Sandy hit a few pot-holes.
TYPICAL POT-HOLES YOU MIGHT FACE TOO
• One was access to the firm’s files so there was no overlap or duplication of alterations
• Another was the use of language to create a positive atmosphere.
• He talks about trusting the team.
• Tackling people’s expectations of flexibility was the next challenge. He recommends meeting for a Hello every morning and maintaining a 9:00 to 5:00 day even though people say they like flexibility.
• Communication became a new hurdle. On the recommendation of one of his senior team members he treats everyone on Zoom meetings like 5 year olds. Sounds patronising doesn’t it? Wait till you hear him explain what that means.
• And as for the dangers of clients hearing you talking about them or their project after a group briefing, he recommends client meetings happen on Zoom and Google Chat for the team.
|Listen on the BE SO GOOD PODCAST page here|
|Subscribe, listen, download and comment in i-Tunes|
|Watch the BE SO GOOD PODCAST on You Tube here|
THIRTY DAYS FREE TRIAL
I want to help you get all the help you need to get yourself and others off the top of the wardrobe. The Colin Pearce Academy is built with these people in mind.
> Business owners
Such people have these needs;
> you need to get your people selling more and faster
Are you one such person?
If you are, this offer is too good to miss. You can have access to everything in the Academy at no cost (actually it’s $1) for a 30 day look-see.
(I have to take your cc details at the start because that’s the way the system works, but I will only charge you $1.)
Before the 30 days are up you can either withdraw or you can stay. In the event of staying on, the system will make a charge of $77 per month. That will be payment in advance for your second month and again you stay as long as you like, or withdraw when you are full.
Go to Colin Pearce Academy and hit Enroll. At the enrollment page, use this coupon code. feb30days
To listen to this week’s BE SO GOOD PODCAST Episode #014: Go Here To watch the same BE SO GOOD PODCAST Episode #014 on You Tube, go here Graham Agnew is the guest in Episode 014 Graham Agnew is a leader. He has a visionary style. He also has an acute understanding of...